Nightfall, Sibu Island, Malaysia

We don't see the majesty of the night skies anywhere near as often as we should. Whenever I find myself in the dark of night, away from the lights of civilisation I always feel a slight primal fear rise within me and my mind runs back through millenia of evolution to tug a little at those genetic memories from the dawn of our evolution as we slowly began to try and make sense of what we saw. A journey that even today we are only just beginning.


Apparently, John Campbell, who was the publisher of Astounding Science Fiction prompted Isaac Asimov to write a short story based around the premise that contrary to this statement, man would instead go mad. This short story eventually became a book.

If reading isn't your thing, you can listen to it here.

Or you can just go and look at the stars, and see what emerges...




No comments: