June in the UK, part one.







Arrival in London Heathrow at just past 9 a.m. after an overnight flight from Newark NJ. Pick up the rental car and head up north. Hitting the M1, then the A46 (both undergoing massive roadworks) until we get to Southwell where my Grandma lives. Quick cup of tea and some scrambled eggs with my mum before heading over to the nursing home. After a too short visit and a discussion on the difficulty of annunciating without a full set of dentures, time for some food. A pint of local ale and a plate of sausage and mash for me, the wife gets lamb shank and the kids go for fish & Chips, while my mum takes the salad option. I hand over driving duties to the missus who takes us smoothly up the A1 to Yorkshire to my mum's place. Cup of tea and a biscuit and it's time to call it a day.








No comments: