NYC rain


Today I sat on a train, soaked from the rain and reading the Washington Post, where a story on the front page told of farmers in Southern Australia suffering from a 10 year drought and still stating that - and I quote - "I don't believe in climate change, as such," said Denise, as her husband nodded in agreement. "I think maybe the media, maybe even the scientists, make things sound worse than they really are. It is to put fear into people."

Now torrential rain in NYC in December is maybe not unusual (the wild temperature fluctuations from day to day may well be though...) but a 10 year drought? I think I would be screaming about climate change if I was suffering from that.

2 comments:

griffineyes said...

A friend of mine is a paleoanthropologist and she said the earth's climate has fluctuated between hot and cold eras throughout time. I'm of the belief that though pollution is terrible and a human construct, the current climate epidemic is part of the earth's normal cycle. Climate change is a good argument for environmentalists though.

I'd be pissed if we were in an ice age cycle.

Tom White said...

We certainly are accelerating any possible climate cycle and pushing the temperature higher quicker because of out actions though. When they talk about cycles they usually mean much longer periods of time and slower changes than what we are seeing now...