The Panteon Nacional, Santo Domingo. Dominican Republic December 2007.
Built from 1714 to 1745 as a Jesuit convent. It has since been used as a tobacco warehouse, a seminary and a theatre. Today it is national monument and mausoleum for prominent Dominicans. Inside is an eternal flame, set into the Italian marble floor and complete with an honour guard from the Dominican military.